Caden Reed was born on April 2nd at 7:57am. He weighed 7lbs. 8oz. and was 18 inches long, which is funny because I was repeatedly told that he was going to be a 10lb. baby, which I believed because he FELT huge in my belly! I was really happy to quickly learn that my recovery after this c-section would be easier than my last! I felt GREAT after the c-section and was up and moving around 12 hours later, which was wonderful!!! My biggest problem in the hospital was that I started having really bad back pain 2 days after Caden was born. We're still not sure if we should attribute it to the spinal or to my UTI that I had at the time. It has gotten better, though.
Caden is definitely NOT the newborn baby that Emma was! Emma has been relaxed and mellow since she was born. Caden, on the other hand, is mellow most always except for night time! We quickly discovered that he will sleep great as long as we are downstairs in the house. The problem? Our bedroom (where his bassinet is) is upstairs. The result? Mommy and daddy have taken turns each night sleeping on the sofa downstairs so that Caden will sleep. Each of us sleeps downstairs for a few hours each night and then we swap so we each get a little bit of decent sleep. Unfortunately, since I am still recovering I don't sleep very well even when i'm in the bed and Caden's asleep. Sleeping for all of us seems to get a little better each night, so i'm hoping we'll all get the hang of this soon!
More to come as we get more sleep......
No comments:
Post a Comment